Do you want to monetize your video content? Making videos is hard work, and figuring out how to monetize them can be even harder. That’s why choosing the right video monetization platform from the start is key.
Choose the wrong platform, and you’ll get confused by complicated rules and disappointed by less revenue. That’s something you should avoid from the get-go as a content creator.
Remember, it’s not just about uploading videos. It’s about finding the right audiences and boosting your earnings.
Not sure which platform to monetize your video content? This article is here to help. We’ve researched the top 15 video monetization platforms of 2023 and listed their features to help you choose the right one for your needs.
Ready to start making money? Keep reading!
What is Video Monetization?
Video monetization is the way you earn money from your video content uploaded on platforms like YouTube or Vimeo. The more people watch your content, the more money you will get.
It might seem easy. But again, making money from videos goes beyond just posting. You have to come up with good ideas, craft great content, engage with your audiences, and track the performance.
But there’s more. When it comes to video monetization, you need to be creative in choosing the right content for your audiences. You can monetize video content from live streaming, on-demand videos, and downloadable content.
Here are the types of video content you can create and upload on video monetization platforms:
- How-to Videos — Show how to do things like how to cook or make money from gaming.
- Tutorial Videos — Guide through using products or software and games.
- Product Reviews — Share personal opinions of certain products or services.
- Vlogs — Share your daily life activities.
- Educational Videos — Share your knowledge through presentations or comments.
- Comedy Videos — Make humorous videos like what Khaby Lame did.
- Music Videos — Share your original music or play live music as a solo musician or a band.
- Live Streams — Share your content live, like gameplay, or solo music concert.
- ASMR — Create videos with soothing sounds that are great for stress relief.
- Vtubing — Be a virtual character and make videos based on your niche.
Once you know what content you want to make, then think about the platform for making money.
Choosing a video monetization platform can be tricky. Many options are available, each with its own terms and conditions. Some video monetization sites charge for special features, meaning you need to pay upfront to use their services. Others are free, but take a cut of your earnings.
Picking the right platform really matters for content creators who want to earn from videos. So, what do you need to think about when checking video monetization platforms?
Choosing a Monetization Platform: Factors to Keep in Mind
Here’s what to consider when choosing the right platform to monetize video content:
- Free vs. Paid
Some platforms make you pay to use their premium features, like uploading longer videos or removing ads. Keep that in mind when you’re choosing a platform, and make sure you can afford the fees. Or, you can simply start with the free video monetization platforms.
- Monetization Options
Besides ads, certain platforms give you more chances to monetize your video. You can get sponsored, sell merchandise, or ask for payment from subscribers. When you pick a platform, just think about which video monetization platform suits you well.
- Audience Reach
Choosing platforms with a large, active audience is a good idea. This brings more attention to your videos and helps you gain followers. Active platforms boost views and interactions. This helps you get more followers, reach more people, and make more money.
- User Interface
Don’t spend time on platforms with complicated interfaces. When the dashboard is user-friendly, you can upload videos, see analytics, and handle your account more easily. This also helps you find and use the features you need without trouble.
- Revenue Share
Don’t take it for granted. Always check how much money you actually get from ads. Some platforms give more than others, and this affects your earnings. Pick a platform with a revenue share you feel good about.
- Payment Methods
The last thing you want to hear is that your viewers want to support you, but your platform can’t handle their payment method. So, check if the platform lets you use payment that suits both you and your audience. It can be e-wallet, bank transfer, or even cryptocurrency.
- Content Restrictions
Keep in mind, certain video monetization platforms have specific guidelines for what you can share. Make sure your content matches these guidelines. Pick a platform that lets you post the content you want to create.
- The 15 Best VOD Platforms in 2023 Worth Checking Out
- The 8 Best Private Live Stream Platforms in 2023
- 18 Best Live Streaming Platforms in 2023
15 Best Video Monetization Platforms
Here are the top video monetization platforms you can choose from in 2023:
- Good For: All video creators
- Pricing: Free
- Monetization Options: AVOD, SVOD, Shopping, Super Thanks
YouTube needs no introduction. It has a huge number of users, spending around 48.7 minutes each day watching videos on the platform.
Creators get paid based on how long viewers watch their videos. So, if your content is really interesting and keeps people watching for a while, you can earn good money from YouTube.
The system is made to get more people interested in your videos. It looks at things like how long people watch, what they do, search history, and even if they have YouTube Premium.
- AdSense Integration —You can use different ad types like before, during, and after videos.
- Super Chat — Viewers can give you money and make their messages stand out in live streams.
- Channel Memberships — People can pay you every month to get special perks.
- YouTube Premium Revenue Sharing — You get paid if someone with YouTube Premium watches your videos.
- Sponsored Videos — Work with brands to make videos they support.
- Super Thanks — Viewers can pay you to show appreciation.
- Shopping — Sell your products right on your channel.
An all-in-one platform to monetize video content that is suitable for all types of video creators. Its various video monetization options and large audience make it a top choice.
- Good For: Short-form video creators
- Pricing: Free
- Monetization Options: Sponsored Content, Live Gifts, Tips, Video Gifts
TikTok is a unique social media platform where people make and share short videos. The platform has changed the way people consume video content.
Now, it boasts more than 1 billion active users globally. Many of them are younger audiences, and 47.4% are under 30 years old.
TikTok stands out for its fast monetization, from Live Gifts to Tips that offer more ways to earn.
- Live Gifts — Viewers send virtual gifts during your live streams, which you can turn into real money.
- Brand Partnerships — Monetize your video by working with brands for sponsored content.
- In-App Purchases — Sell any products, from physical to digital, on your profile.
- Tips — Viewers can pay you directly if you are eligible for this (at least 100,000 followers)
- Video Gifts — Like Live Gifts, but for short videos, you need 100,000 followers.
- Creator Fund — Get paid based on views and engagement. You need 1,000 views and three posts in 30 days.
One of the best video monetization platforms for younger or newer creators who make short videos
- Good For: Professional video creators, filmmakers
- Pricing: Free, Starter at $20/month
- Monetization Options: SVOD, TVOD, AVOD, Branded Apps, Live Events
Vimeo is a platform for sharing videos, just like YouTube. Anyone can join, but it’s better for creators who want a professional audience and make high-quality videos.
As a video monetization platform, Vimeo has options like subscriptions, selling content, showing ads, plus apps with branding and live events. With Vimeo OTT, you can even start your own subscription service.
This video monetization platform comes with advanced analytics to help you know your viewers better. This way, it can help you make more money.
- Vimeo OTT — Start your own video subscription service with your brand.
- Pay-per-View — Set prices for individual videos or series.
- Customizable Player — Add your branding and calls to action.
- Advanced Analytics — See how viewers act and get insights.
- Multi-Currency Support — Accept payments in over 100 currencies.
Vimeo is great for professional video creators who want to make money from their content using features like pay-per-view.
- Good For: Mainly gaming video content creators
- Pricing: Free
- Monetization Options: Donations, Subscriptions, Ads, Affiliate Program, Partner Program
Twitch is where gamers and live streamers go. So, if you want to monetize your gaming video content, don’t miss this platform.
Think of Twitch like a community platform. Making money here comes from people who subscribe, donate, and give virtual gifts called Bits.
Not only that, Twitch also has programs to support its creators. Affiliate Program helps new creators, and Partner Program is for more established ones. Both programs let you earn money from ads and subscriptions.
- Subscriptions — Viewers can pay a monthly fee to follow a streamer.
- Ads — Show ads on your channel and get money from it.
- Bits — Viewers use Bits to cheer on content creators, and they get 80% of the money.
- Donations — Get money right from your viewers
- SellingMerchandise — Sell shirts, mugs, and more products to earn money and connect with fans.
- Sponsorships — Work with brands to show their products on your video content.
If you make content about gaming, this is the platform for you. Twitch is perfect for monetizing content involving viewers and community support.
- Top 20 Best Games to Stream on Twitch and Youtube
- 15 Highest Paid Twitch Streamers: A Look into Their Success
- How Does Twitch Drop Work: Start Using Twitch Drop As A Streamer
- Good For: Gaming, music, lifestyle, and sports video content creators
- Pricing: Free
- Monetization Options: Crowdfunding, Donations, 95/5 Revenue split
If you don’t like Twitch’s 50/50 split, just try Kick. It’s a new platform for gamers, streamers, and musicians that gives creators 95% of subscription money.
When it comes to video monetization, Kick also features a crowdfunding model. It allows creators to raise funds for specific projects. This provides a more direct way to earn, as fans can contribute to your new content creation.
- Crowdfunding — Allows you to raise money for specific projects.
- Tip Jar — Get an additional revenue stream through viewer tips.
- 95/5 Revenue Split — You can keep 90% of subscription money
- Non-exclusive Streaming — Feel free to stream on other platforms without being tied to Kick.
Relatively new, Kick is an awesome video monetization platform for gaming creators. This is a go-to platform if you want to monetize content from crowdfunding and tips from your loyal fans.
- Good For: General video creators
- Pricing: Free
- Monetization Options: AVOD, SVOD
DailyMotion is a video-sharing website that lets anyone upload and share videos. It’s a great platform for creators of all kinds, and it offers a simple way to make money from your videos through ad revenue.
DailyMotion supports a variety of ad formats, including pre-roll, mid-roll, and post-roll ads, so you can earn money based on how many people watch your videos.
To start making money, you need to get 10,000 views and 100 followers on their videos. DailyMotion stands out because it’s available in 180 countries and 43 languages.
This video monetization platform has a creators program, but you can only get the perks if you’re based in France.
- Various ad formats — It can include pre-roll, mid-roll, or post-roll ads on your videos.
- Global reach — It’s available everywhere, in different languages and countries.
- Creators Program — A special program for content creators to unlock advanced features.
If YouTube is too crowded, you can try DailyMotion. This video monetization platform can help you earn more from ads by reaching a global audience.
Read More: What is Gank Creator Grant
- Good For: Video course creators, fitness trainers
- Pricing: Starts at $49/month
- Monetization Options: SVOD, TVOD, AVOD, Rentals, Pay-Per-View, Bundles, Free Trial, Lifetime Access
Do you want to create a collection of videos and monetize those videos all in one place? Uscreen can be a good option.
This video monetization platform is made for people who make learning video courses or even fitness programs. While it’s also great for different niches, it’s ideal for high-quality videos that represent your brand professionally.
With Uscreen, you can create your own video service and make money from subscriptions and pay-per-view.
- Bundling Options — Get money from offering multiple videos for a single payment.
- Pay-Per-View — Easily set individual prices for specific videos or events.
- Customizable Storefront —Improve earnings by showing your video collection well.
- In-App Purchases — Monetize videos directly from mobile and smart TV apps.
- Worldwide Payment — Accept payments in 130+ international currencies.
For creators making courses or learning videos, Uscreen is an excellent choice. It offers many ways to earn money, giving you more options beyond ad revenue or donations.
- Good For: OTT platforms, large media companies
- Pricing: Standard at $399/month
- Monetization Options: SVOD, TVOD, AVOD, PPV, Content Bundling, Pre-Pay Content, Crowdfunding
Muvi is for content creators who are serious about getting into the content business. This platform helps you earn money sustainably with the right monetization strategy.
Muvi boasts itself as one of the best Over-The-Top (OTT) streaming services. This video monetization platform gives you a white-label solution. With this feature, you can change how it looks and works, just the way you like.
When it’s time to earn money, Muvi offers many options. You can go for subscription plans, pay-per-view for special events, one-time payments, ads, bundle content, and even crowdfunding.
- White-Label Solution — Customize the platform’s look, and colors to match your brand.
- Built-in DRM — Protect your content from piracy, only paying users can access it.
- Multi-Currency Support — Get paid in many currencies, easier to earn from all over the world.
- Built-in Wallets — Virtual wallets make it easy to make transactions like subscriptions.
- Restricted Subscription Access — Control who can subscribe to your content.
- Paywall — Works with major monetization models.
Muvi is a robust video monetization platform for content creators who want to build a content business. It has advanced features like DRM, multi-currencies, and a white-label option.
9. JW Player
- Good For: Publishers, marketers, enterprises
- Pricing: Free 30-day Trial, Custom Pricing
- Monetization Options: AVOD, Outstream Ads, VAST/VPAID Support
Are you looking for a video monetization platform with a strong media player to make things easy for your viewers? If so, JW Player can be your pick. It has a super-fast HTML5 player with advanced technology like adaptive streaming and awesome caching.
Using its awesome video player, earning money from your videos gets simpler. You can use different ad types to make money from your videos, and if you choose direct sales, you keep all the ad earnings for yourself.
- Ad Tagging — Enables targeted advertising based on viewer behavior.
- Multiple Ad Formats — Supports pre-roll, mid-roll, post-roll, and outstream ads.
- VAST/VPAID Support — With standard ways for video ads, your ads can play on many devices.
- Ad Scheduling — Set times for your ads to play to show your ads to the right people at the right times.
JW Player is popular because it’s easy to use, has many features, and lets you monetize video in various ways. However, they’re not very transparent about their pricing.
- Good For: Professional video content creators
- Pricing: Custom pricing
- Monetization Options: AVOD, SVOD
Connatix is a video monetization platform that helps publishers make money from their content. It offers a variety of video formats that get people interested in any video content you’ve created.
What’s more, Connatix allows publishers to syndicate their content across multiple platforms. This way, it helps you expand your reach and increase your revenue potential.
With all its amazing features, Connatix attracts over 3,400 creators worldwide to use the platform, including Forbes and Vox.
- Exchange —A good monetization feature that also connects with ad platforms. It boosts the interest in your ads and helps your sales team perform better.
- Built-in Ad Server — Show ads directly from publishers using Connatix’s connections.
- Native Video — Make videos that fit your website’s style and engage with more viewers.
- Lightweight Video Player — A simple video player that supports all video styles and ads
Connatix is perfect for video content creators who want to earn more from ads with built-in servers and lightweight video players.
- Good For: Course creators, educational video creators
- Pricing: Free, Basic at $36/month
- Monetization Options: Course Sales, Subscriptions
Are you thinking about making educational content videos? That’s a great plan. You can turn your expertise into streams of income with Thinkific.
Thinkific is a platform made for teachers and people making courses who want to earn from what they know. It provides fantastic tools to create courses, like quizzes, assignments, and certificates.
For monetization, Thinkific mainly concentrates on selling courses. They now have Thinkific Payments, a built-in way to handle payments and boost sales.
- Selling Courses — Sell your online course and choose how much to charge, including offering free courses.
- Subscriptions —Offer your courses as subscriptions if your courses get updates often.
- Payment Plans — Let your students pay for the course over time to make it easier on their budget.
- Thinkific Payments — Get paid directly by your students, no need for another payment system.
- Offering More — From cross-selling to bundling, you can sell your online courses better.
Thinkific is a go-to video monetization platform for educators and course creators. Thinkific Payments lets you choose your price based on your business plan.
- Good For: Educational video content creators
- Pricing: Basic at $59/month
- Monetization Options: Course Sales, Coaching Services, Digital Downloads
As its name suggests, Teachable is a place for people who create educational videos, similar to Thinkific. You can make and sell courses, and even do one-on-one coaching.
What sets it apart is you can also sell other digital products like ebooks and how-to guides. This is helpful if you want to use your videos in different formats to earn money.
As one of the best video monetization platforms for educational content, Thinkific has various payment options and boasts its comprehensive dashboard for tracking sales and student progress.
- Coaching — Give personal coaching to your students as extra supports and can boost your earnings.
- Various Payments — Choose your payment options, like one-time or subscriptions.
- Digital Downloads — Sell your videos as downloadable files to help more people access your content offline.
- Order Bumps — Offer more courses and products as extra choices when your customers are about to check out.
Teachable is a great video monetization platform that helps video creators who make educational content make money from their videos.
- Good For: Professional video creators
- Pricing: Starter at $399
- Monetization Options: AVOD, Sponsorships, In-App Purchases
VlogBox is a video monetization platform for experienced content creators who want to take their game to the next level. It’s not for beginners, as it costs $399 a month.
That’s right, unlike YouTube, where your videos are only seen on that platform, with VlogBox, your videos can be shown on popular channels like Apple TV, Roku, and more.
It has many unique video monetization features, like Channel Boost, which boosts your content’s reach and increases your revenue potential.
- Ads — Earn money from video ads based on views, ad types, and partner demand.
- Sponsorships — Partner with brands for sponsored content earnings
- In-app purchases — Offer premium content for sale to boost revenues.
- Channel Boost — Gain more visibility, views, and earnings.
VlogBox stands out as a top video monetization platform. It’s where content creators can step into the CTV content business and earn money through various ways, like ads.
- Good For: Conservative and alternative video creators
- Pricing: Free
- Monetization Options: AVOD, Content Licensing, Sponsorship Deals
If you’re thinking about using YouTube to make money from your videos, but the minimum requirements to get monetized are too high, then you might want to look at Rumble.
This video monetization platform offers you a more accessible chance to earn money from your video content. It is not as popular as YouTube but has 78 million monthly active users, which is quite potential.
What’s great about this platform to monetize video is it simplifies the monetization process with its ad-based model. Another great feature is its content licensing option. It lets creators offer their videos to third parties for extra income.
- Content licensing — Sell video rights to bring extra money.
- Rumble Battles — Let you compete for cash prizes based on your video’s performance.
- Multiple ad formats — Choose from multiple ad formats to earn money your way.
Rumble offers unique features like licensing and Battles for diverse incomes. It’s good for creators looking for options beyond YouTube.
- Good For: Professional content creators
- Pricing: Free by invitation or application
- Monetization Options: Subscriptions, Exclusive Content, Nebula Originals
Nebula is a unique video platform. It uses a subscription model, providing exclusive, ad-free content to audiences. Users need to pay $5 per month, which is much more affordable than YouTube Premium’s $13.99.
If you’re interested in becoming part of the creator community on Nebula, you can either join the platform through an invitation or apply for it. This allows you to upload high-quality content and receive a share of the revenue.
Is Nebula a video monetization platform? Yes, it gives 50% of its earnings to creators. This money is then divided based on how many views your videos get.
- Revenue sharing model based on views
- Nebula Originals offers funded opportunities for exclusive content.
Nebula is a unique video monetization platform. It’s not as simple as YouTube or Dailymotion when it comes to monetization. But it offers a unique chance to collaborate with a community of creators.
Which Video Monetization Platform Do You Choose?
Now, you understand what video monetization means. It’s about making money from your videos and becoming a professional content creator.
There are multiple ways to monetize your videos, such as ads, subscriptions, or selling them as downloadable content. Each method has its own advantages and challenges, so choose it right.
The platform you use is also vital. Various platforms work better for different content types and strategies for making money. Make sure your chosen platform matches your content and audience.
If you want to make money from donations or membership subscriptions, platforms like Gank are worth checking out. It’s a platform for creators that charges 0% platform fees.
Now, are you ready to take the right steps toward achieving success?