As a vtuber, you want to keep your audience engaged. That’s why it’s important to create fresh content that keeps their attention and gets them excited about watching more videos from you.
When you’ve been making videos for a while, though, it can be difficult to think of new ideas or things to try out.
But don’t worry! We have some great tips on how to improve your content and what kinds of things other vtubers have found success within the past few years. Here are some Vtuber Content Ideas you can use in 2023!
Check them out below.
Table of Contents
Collaborate, collaborate, collaborate!
Collaboration is one of the best ways to engage with and learn from an audience. It’s also a great way to expand your content horizon and gain skills in new areas.
As long as you’re willing to put in some effort, it doesn’t matter how big or small your fanbase is. There are plenty of other V-creators who would be happy to collaborate with you.
When you collaborate with another vtuber or online creator, you can work together on something bigger than both of you.
You can learn how they do things, they can learn how you do things, and together you’ll create something huge!
If there are other types of creators that interest you (like musicians or ASMR artists), consider collaborating with them on some kind of project too!
Collaboration is a great way to build your audience. It can help you reach people who might not be familiar with the types of content you create. It’s also an excellent way to get feedback on your work and improve as a creator overall.
Most vtubers who sing often collaborate on songs, whilst some vtubers like to play games together through co-op games. The possibilities are endless.
Expand your content horizon.
You may be the type of Vtuber who’s been sticking to a tried and true formula, but now is the time to try something new.
Expand your content horizon by trying different styles of content:
- Try a challenge video! Ask your subscribers for ideas and then create a video where you attempt them.
- Try vlogging! You can still make money from vlogs if you’re willing to give away some free advice or products occasionally, so there’s no reason not to try it out. NOTE: Only do this if you are comfortable putting yourself out there. Keep in mind that there are vtubers who want to keep their real-life self as private as possible, but this can be an option for you.
- Try collaborating with another Vtuber! See if they’re interested in working with you on a new project—you’d be surprised what kind of collaboration videos people will watch (and share).
More content variety
- Food videos. This is another one of those things that people have been doing for a while and it’s not going to change much, but I think there’s still room for improvement! Vtubers love to do cooking streams or mukbangs, and you can set this up without showing your face.
- Try new games you’ve never played before.
- Do a karaoke stream and jam with your community!
- Start a subathon and create goals for you and your community.
Take advantage of seasonal events.
Often, vtubers would do huge outfit reveals or 2nd versions of their models during different seasons. For example, Hololive would release New Year Outfits or Christmas outfits and the viewers and fans would anticipate on this big of an event.
Take advantage of seasonal events: Whether it’s Christmas time or Halloween season again, there are always opportunities for unique content ideas around these times. Your audience will appreciate having more variety in their lives too! As long as everyone stays safe while filming/watching these types of videos (or whatever else related activities)!
Use your community’s opinions.
When it comes to improving your channel, the only way you can do that is by listening to your audience. Your vtuber content ideas should be inspired by what they want to see more of and less of. If a lot of people are asking for more makeup tutorials, then give them what they want!
However, if most people aren’t interested in your political views on social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook, then maybe consider scaling back on those topics and focus more on creating fun skits or other types of content that viewers would enjoy watching instead.
Crossover with the vtuber community.
You can crossover with other vtuber creators.
Maybe you have a special interest in a certain type of content, or maybe there’s someone you admire and want to get to know better. Either way, this is a great opportunity to try out something new!
You could also do a collab livestream where you focus on making something together.
For example, if another vtuber is good at creating art and music tracks, then they could be the one who who would discuss it in the livestream while you learn a thing or two yourself.
Update on your personal projects.
Personal projects are the content creators’ lifeblood. They’re what will make or break them, so keeping fans interested in your creations is key to maintaining an audience for your channel and making money from it.
You’ll want to update on these projects often so that people know what you’re up to and don’t forget about you. Here are some ideas:
- Posting progress photos of a project in progress, especially if they show off your personal style (eg. outfit teasers, lore, new model)
- Sharing behind-the-scenes footage of yourself working on said projects
- Talking about what inspired you when creating them (eg: research or conversations with other creators)
Try something new or switch things up!
Have you always wanted to switch up your vtuber content? It might be time to try something new! Check out these ideas:
- Try a new style of vtuber content. Are you tired of your usual style? There are many different types of videos you can make, so why not try something new?
- Try a new platform for your content. If you’re bored with YouTube, how about Twitch or Instagram? What about Vimeo or Periscope? What about making your own website and hosting everything there? There’s so much potential! You could even just change the format of the show itself! You could do an interview-style show one week and then do something more conversational next week. It doesn’t matter what type of medium it is; just as long as it’s different than what people expect from you now, that’s all that counts!
- Try a new type of camera or tracking software. Maybe we’re not doing enough outside research into cameras before picking one out (we recommend researching based on both price range and quality). Or maybe we need more practice with our editing software–or even better yet: maybe we should take some classes at our local community college so we can pick up some tips from others who are also working towards their degrees in tech.
- If all you ever do is stick to what works (talking about yourself and playing games) then chances are things will get stale pretty quickly. But don’t worry! It’s easy enough to add something new into the mix every once in awhile—just think about what kind of videos would be fun for both viewers and creators alike!
We hope you’ve found some inspiration for your vtuber content and are excited for what 2023 brings to your channel. The next step is to execute these ideas and make them a reality. Another way to give yourself a leg up is to join us on Gank! We can help you earn more from your content while setting you up with the tools to kickstart your success!
10 more promising Vtuber Content Ideas to try this 2023