“Oh no! Instagram locked me out! What should I do?”
If you are facing that problem, you are not alone. Many have found a notice that states “Your Account Has Been Temporarily Locked” when logging in to their Instagram account.
Seeing that message is guaranteed to make anyone panic, especially if you are a content creator, influencer, or business owner who has spent time and effort building a reputable brand.
Luckily, getting your account back in this case is easy. That is what this article is about to cover.
But before you do the steps, it is best to figure out the possible reasons first.
Instagram Locked Me Out: Why Does It Happen?
There are at least five reasons users get locked out of their Instagram account. Let’s learn about them below.
1. You Violated Instagram Community Guidelines
Similar to other social media platforms, Instagram has community guidelines that everyone must follow. The main points include:
- Post only content that belongs to you or the ones which you are given the right to share
- Avoid uploading inappropriate or offensive photos and videos
- Adhere to the law
Breaking any of those rules can get your account locked. So, if you cannot log in and say “Instagram locked me out!”, that is a probable cause.
2. Your Account Shows Bot-like Behaviors
To minimize spam within the platform, Instagram has a strict system that flags any account that behaves like a bot, such as:
- Liking posts and unliking them in a quick succession
- Leaving the same comment too many times
- Commenting on multiple posts almost simultaneously
- Following and unfollowing many accounts at once
Those actions are typically possible with the help of automation tools. But you can also do them accidentally. Posting the same comment multiple times, for example. So, if you say “Instagram locked me out”, that could be the reason.
Business accounts are also prone to get flagged as a bot if multiple individuals manage it. When your social media officers are logged in and replying to customers’ comments, Instagram might see that as spam.
3. You Are Using Unauthorized Third-Party Apps
It is easy to find apps that you can connect to your Instagram account, from content creation tools to social media management apps. However, not all of them are authorized because they either encourage bulk actions or do not store their users’ login credentials safely.
So, if you are facing the “Instagram locked me out” issue, it could be that one or more tools connected to your account is legitimate. The platform is locking your account to prevent it from getting compromised.
4. Your Account Got Hacked
Did you rule out the three reasons explained so far? If so, you probably get the “Your Account Has Been Temporarily Locked” message because someone got unauthorized access to your account.
Getting your account hacked itself does not prompt Instagram to lock it temporarily. However, if you say “Instagram Locked me out”, the hacker might have used your account to do something that triggers an alarm, such as spamming comments or posting inappropriate content.
5. Your Account Is Logged In from Multiple Devices
Instagram keeps track of the type of device you use to log in and its IP address (the string of numbers that identifies your device). With that in mind, the platform can lock your account if it is logged in from many devices at the same time.
This problem can happen for two reasons. Either your account is compromised or your social media officers log in using different devices.
Instagram Locked Me Out: How to Fix It?
Getting your account back after being locked out is simple. All you need is to follow the steps below:
1. Log in to your account.
2. Tap Continue under the “Your Account Has Been Temporarily Blocked” notice.
3. Tap Send Security Code. The code will be sent to the email address used to create your Instagram account, so make sure that you can access it. Do not close Instagram while you open your email to get the code.
4. Enter the security code and tap Submit.
You should be able to access your account again afterwards.
Instagram Locked Me Out: How to Prevent It?
Now you know that Instagram can lock accounts temporarily due to multiple reasons. To avoid getting locked out again, which can prompt the platform to disable your account in some cases, consider the following tips:
1. Remove Third-Party Apps
It is important that you connect your Instagram account to legitimate third-party apps only. If you are unsure, research online and you will find lists of tools that Instagram approves.
Once you know which apps are safe to keep, log your account off from the rest to prevent the “Instagram locked me out” issue. Thankfully, you can do that easily from Instagram’s settings.
Just open Instagram’s settings and tap Security > Apps and Websites. You will be able to find and disconnect apps and websites that are connected to your Instagram account there.
Read: Delete Instagram Account
2. Secure Your Account
Once you get rid of unauthorized apps, they still store the email address and password you used to log into Instagram. Therefore, the next step would be changing your password.
But there is more you can do for security measures. Before you cannot log in and say “Instagram locked me out again”, set up a two-factor authentication (2FA) method for your account. With this feature turned on, you need to enter a security code every time you log into Instagram.
To activate 2FA on Instagram, do the following steps:
- Go to your Instagram settings.
- Tap Security > Two-factor authentication.
- Choose where you want to get the security code (an authentication app, WhatsApp, text message, or others).
On top of setting up 2FA, check if anyone has logged into your account to avoid having the “Instagram locked me out” problem again. Follow the steps below:
- Go to your Instagram settings.
- Tap Security > Login activity. This shows a list of your account’s active logins.
- If you see any active sessions that are not yours, log them out
3. Log Out before Accessing Your Account with A Different Device
If you own multiple devices, you have probably used all of them to log into your Instagram account for convenience. However, that can prompt Instagram to lock you out. Therefore, before you face the “Instagram locked me out” problem again, consider logging in using one device at a time.
If your account is managed by a team, make sure that they are not logged in simultaneously. This way, you can also prevent the individuals from responding to comments simultaneously, which can get you flagged as a bot.
4. Follow Instagram’s Community Guidelines
Last but not least, understand Instagram’s rules and abide by it. Doing so will keep you safe from various problems, including getting your account locked and disabled.
Instagram Locked Me Out: Conclusion
Finding the “Your Account Has Been Temporarily Locked” message when logging in to Instagram is stressful. But the good thing is, you can solve this problem in just a few steps.
To prevent having your Instagram locked in the future, make sure you follow the tips below:
- Connect your Instagram account to reputable apps and websites that Instagram approves
- Protect your account by changing its password, setting up a two-factor authentication method, and monitoring login activities that are not yours
- Avoid having active login sessions in multiple devices
- Follow Instagram’s community guidelines
We hope this article solves the “Instagram locked me out” problem. For more social media and content creation insights, make sure to subscribe to our blog.
Why is Instagram locking me out of my account?
Instagram locks your account to protect it from malicious parties. It can happen because of five reasons:
- You violated the community guidelines
- Your account shows bot-like activities
- You are using unauthorized third-party apps
- Your account got hacked
- Your account is logged in from multiple devices
How long will I be temporarily locked out of Instagram?
Instagram locks your account until you submit a security code. So, if you face the “Instagram locked me out” issue, immediately prompt Instagram to send you a code.
How do I unlock my Instagram account?
Log in to your account, ask Instagram to send a security code to your email, and enter that code.